Stay on the perimeter of the store
The key to healthy eating and saving money on groceries is to have a plan
RULE #1- “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”
• Before you go food shopping, plan your meals for the week
• ONLY BUY what you need for those meals!
RULE #2– Fewer Ingredients = Healthier it is
• Produce- The list provided helps one save money. Make sure that the “Dirty Dozen” are purchased organically.
• Organic Section- All better options than conventional, but not necessarily healthy.
RULE #3– If it comes from an animal, it should be organic. Animals accumulate toxins and pesticides, then we eat themà Bioaccumulation.
• Meats- should be ideally organic, free-range, and grass-fed. At the minimum, should be organic.Deli Meat is full of toxicities, especially nitrates/nitrites, which are known to cause cancer. Boar’s Head turkey doesn’t contain any nitrates/nitrites and is the best deli meat available.
• Seafood- should be wild-caught, preferably from North or South America, and low in mercury. If salmon comes from the Atlantic Ocean, it is farm-raised.
Sweet Bell Peppers